Circa £42,000 per annum
Full time/37 hrs a week/permanent
Location: Huntingdon & Home Working
Anglian Water offers a flexible approach, this role offers you the flexibility to work from home and from an Anglian Water office. Your based location would be Lancaster House in Huntingdon & travel across the Anglian Water region will be required.
Test the water and explore a new career
Your role involves providing support for Asset Management within The Alliance for Water and Wastewater Services, where you will take the lead in skilfully negotiating wastewater authorisations with the Environment Agency. Collaboration with Alliance Programme Managers is crucial to ensure the timely delivery of suitable authorisations in alignment with asset delivery.
In accordance with the Working Together Initiative, you will represent Anglian Water during Area and Regional liaison with the Environment Agency
What you'll be doing:
- Support the successful delivery of capital schemes with the timely negotiation of favourable discharge consents protecting our services and the environment.
- Work closely with Water and Wastewater Services to reduce compliance risk through discharge consents negotiations.
- Improve efficiency and protect the environment through the effective negotiation/renegotiation of discharge consents to deliver cost savings .
- Advise Alliance Programme Managers on the environmental regulatory requirements for capital schemes.
- Advise the business, contractors and partners on best environmental practice.
- Provide an expert level helpdesk function for the business with excellent customer service.
- Provide wider environmental services to regulatory and investment programme (e.g. through input/challenge of UPM modelling studies).
- Maintain Environmental Permit applications and tracking systems.
- Undertake Area and Regional liaison with the Environment Agency Water Quality, Environmental Planning and National Permitting Teams.
- Support the continuing development of the AW/EA Working Together Initiative.
- Represent Anglian Water at national and regional levels (e.g. on UKWIR studies) to influence the development of environmental legislation and policy.
As a valued employee you'll be entitled to:
-Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
-Personal private health care
-Annual bonus scheme
-26 days leave, rising with service + Bank Holidays, with the option to swap Christmas and Easter holidays for those celebrated by your religion
-Life Cover at 8x your salary
-Personal Accident cover - up to 5x your salary
-Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle
-Paid time off when you're physically and mentally unwell
-Lots of great benefits including 20% off new EE mobile contracts, discounted cinema tickets and a Cycle2Work scheme
-Free parking at all offices, site and leisure parks
What does it take to be successful?
- Educated to degree level or relevant working experience
- Background of working within a Permit role
- Water/Environmental experience preferable but not essential
- Proven environmental expertise and regulatory understanding is desirable
- Proven negotiating skills
- Great communication skills including stakeholder management experience
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office
Inclusion at Anglian Water:
Join us and make a difference. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and we think our workplace should reflect that. We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Together with our fellow water companies, we are committed to the Social Mobility Pledge; we are also a signatory to Business in the Community's Race at Work charter; we hold the Armed Forces Gold Covenant for Employers; we are an accredited Disability Confident employer and we play a leading part in the Women's Utility Network.
Closing date: 09/11/2023