About the role:
This role is at the forefront of how we review and respond to environmental data. As the Environmental Data Technician, you will be working to continuously improve our data by understanding our quality management processes and supporting technical experts in the team. You will work within the wider Environmental Assurance team to provide data, reports and insight into performance.
This role is critical to the success of providing accurate environmental data and insight to operational performance. This will allow Thames Water to continuously improve our performance by providing accurate data into business planning process and ultimately improving the natural environment.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Responding to Environmental Information Requests (EIRs) and Pollution Information Requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring key internal stakeholders are involved in reviewing environmental data.
- Support in providing data for regulatory submissions.
- Providing data and insight for internal reporting on flow and effluent quality.
- Development of reports into Environmental Management System performance.
What’s in it for you?
- Previous experience of working with environmental data, preferably flow and effluent quality data.
- Previous experience of working with data, developing regular reports, and assisting in preparing regulatory submissions would be beneficial.
- Experience of working within a quality management system.
- The ability to work well in a team and with operational colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in the use of software packages (MS Office & Excel, PowerBI).
This is a crucial role, which will provide you with the opportunity to be part of Thames Water’s success in continuous improving our performance, by providing accurate data for business planning process and ultimately improving our impact on the natural environment we operate in.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.