Role: Environment and Sustainability Manager
Location: Covering Scotland
Salary: Highly Competitive + Car/Allowance + Benefits
We Care! So if you are concerned about what’s happening around you, we’ll have a lot in common!
This brand-new opportunity for a qualified, dynamic and charismatic senior Environmentalist, could be your chance to inspire and collaborate with like-minded colleagues and influence senior customer stakeholders.
You will be trailblazing “best in class” environmental practices, that successfully deliver against our ambitious sustainability targets, in particular net-zero emissions.
Here’s what you will be responsible for…
- Lead and inspire a network of environmental advisors throughout Scotland, to drive improvements into the environmental management system
- Day to day team management including proactive support of professional development
- Lead on significant regulator interface requirements representing the best interests of the organisation
- Drive the development and implementation of the ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Develop and implement strategy, breaking down requirements into achievable operational action.
- Closely support regional members of the Senior Leadership Team in communicating and actioning performance against environment and sustainability objectives.
- Lead on technical application requirements for operational projects / activities and act as the main interface for day to day requirements with regulators and stakeholders
- Lead the co-ordination of investigation and event management requirements
- Responsible for monthly performance reports, analysing trends, opportunities, and risks
- Drive the use of key systems related to environment and sustainability management (e.g. Sphera, reporting tools and Smart Waste)
We’d love to hear from you if you can demonstrate …
In depth technical understanding of environmental legislation and substantial experience in a construction environmental role, where you have led, inspired and mentored junior staff.
Plenty of practise writing, coordinating and manging environmental consents, assent, permit applications and comfortable writing technical reports using the correct scientific language.
A relevant degree is essential and ideally a chartered status or working towards (full or practitioner level status) along with being a 14001 internal / external auditor.
Experience working with ecology, archaeology, arboriculture, and water environment specialisms and an ability to compile data and support assessments relating to ESOS, SECR and ISO14064
A full driving licence is essential.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.