Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor on our Thames Water Infrastructure Capital Delivery Framework covering South London and Thames Valley.
As the Environmental Advisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Promote vision and values to internal and external stakeholders, in particular for Safety, Health & Environment
- Provide team and strategic support to the Head of HSEW and wider team, to ensure it remains compliant with all environmental legislation, whilst delivering continual environmental improvements
- Support Operational Teams in the production of Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- Assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of environmental performance
- Carry out site inspections and ensure legal compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained
- Liaise with Ecologists and Environmental Habitat Experts to identify and provide mitigation measures
- Provide direction, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental duties and responsibilities
- Interpret client environmental impact assessments and prepare plans accordingly
- Provide environmental training to staff surrounding issues and responsibilities
- Be accountable for the provision of accurate and timely environmental data
- Focus on completion and administration of all aspects of Environmental Permit applications
- Facilitate site visits/meetings with regulatory bodies accordingly
- Monitor and review all environmental events ensuring all incidents and near misses are correctly reported, categorised and processed, and prior to incident close-out, ensure root causes for environmental events have been determined and any remedial actions closed out
- Assist in the identification and delivery of efficiency savings and environmental protection enhancements
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline and/or demonstrable, significant work based experience
- Professional membership and working towards Chartered status
- Good understanding of current environmental issues and challenges
- Detailed understanding of environmental legislation with good understanding of regulatory enforcement outcomes
- Able to demonstrate competency in the application of Environmental Permitting regimes
- Experience of working with operational sites and teams in construction or utilities sector, with a clear understanding of associated risk management procedures and mitigation
- Experience of implementing and maintaining an environmental management system to ISO14001 standard
- Experienced and confident auditor
- Confident in the investigation and reporting associated with effective root cause analysis and close out of environmental incidents
- Good understanding of matters relating to pollution prevention and incident management, particularly within the water environment
- Excellent IT skills and willingness to learn new systems
- The willingness and ability to be flexible and to travel at short notice
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.