Do you want to help power your career and be part of an evolving energy industry?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Engineer to join our Major Projects Team.
The energy industry is advancing with investment in smart technology innovation and Northern Powergrid, as the company responsible for powering everyday life for 8 million customers across 3.9 million homes and businesses in the Northeast, Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire, is at the forefront of delivering a power network that meets the region’s needs, now and in the future.
Our vision is to be the best energy company in serving our 3.9 million homes, whilst delivering a sustainable energy solution. As an Engineer Project Delivery you will be responsible for the delivery of construction projects safely, to time, cost and quality. You will also be responsible for all HV and EHV SAP activities required to deliver the project, including customer requested work and fault repairs. .As a dedicated engineer you will be an integral part of achieving this, while always striving to keep our customers power flowing.
Along with a competitive salary of £45,943 - £62,828, we also offer great benefits such as;
·Personal transport provision
·Enrolment into our pension scheme with employer contributions.
·25 days holiday
We’re excited to hear from candidates with a passion for our company and the industry and a desire to succeed. Apply now and we’ll be in touch.
The successful candidate will:
- Effective site management of resources, including contractors.
- Delivery of Projects to time, cost and quality.
- Lead project safety management and supervision
- Outage and Emergency Return to Service planning to minimize network outage risks during the project
- Operational experience and authorisations, including the ability to become Senior Authorised to 132kV
- Detailed knowledge of safety procedures, specifically CDM regulations, DSR & OPM
- Ability to undertake plant and equipment commissioning.
- Extensive experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Ability to plan, control and co-ordinate short to medium term project resources
Qualifications and Attributes
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Current driving license
- Experience of delivering HV projects
- HV SAP in at least one discipline
- Team working skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience of a UK distribution network and safety rules (DSR/OPM).
- CDM knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of HV power system protection and applications engineering.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH or equivalent formal qualification in safety management
- Experience of delivering EHV projects as an SAP
- Existing UK EHV SAP authorisations in at least once discipline
- NPg SAP authorisations.
- Fluid filled cable experience
- Tower experience
- Experience of CDM and its application
- Knowledge and experience of EHV power system protection and applications engineering.
Entry-level qualifications for the role are set at Level 4 or above (HNC or equivalent), and must be detailed on the qualification framework for higher education covering England, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as being in a relevant STEM subject for the role.
For more information see https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels