Emergency Gas Responder
Salary: £27.4k - £30.5k per annum (dependent on skills & qualifications)
Passionate about working for an industry leading company? SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place.
SGN has an outstanding reputation for building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably, and efficiently. This role is about exactly that – keeping our customers safe in their homes.
You will have your own SGN van and be responsible for responding to calls from our team about potential gas escapes. Day to day, you would be out and about, working independently, problem solving, speaking with our customers, and most importantly keeping people safe.
So, what’s involved?
When attending a potential gas escape inside a building, you would ensure everyone is safe, find the source of the leak and take the required action to stop it. Our wider team is there to support if you need further assistance with preventing the gas leak or evacuating properties.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to work flexibly as you will be working on a rota, meaning out of hours and weekend working is standard.
What you’ll need
- ×A friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public
- ×A current ACS qualification, CCN1 or CESPI, and ideally MET1 to 4 (although this is not essential to apply for the role)
- ×A full and valid driving licence is essential
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- ×Company benefits including retail discounts, HolidayPlus, gym & mobile discounts, general health and wellbeing support, an excellent pension scheme, and more
- ×Being a part of a working environment where you are empowered to be yourself and work with all different kinds of people
- ×Joining a team where you work will directly impact SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ safe and warm, as well as reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry
Who are SGN?
In short, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses.
Come and be a part of world leading energy company!
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…