Emergency Gas Responder
Salary: £29.6k - £32.9k per annum (including £3000 sign-on bonus*)
Passionate about working for an industry leading company? SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place.
SGN has an outstanding reputation for building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably, and efficiently. This role is responsible for repairing, replacing, and laying new gas mains and services.
A day will include…
- Working predominately on gas service/mains replacement activities, excavating in public and private highways for the laying and repairing of gas pipes
- Being in a variety of outdoor environments, working safely and as part of a team
- Using computer field systems
- Achieving high standards of safety and technical competence
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to work flexibly as you will be working on a rota, meaning out of hours and weekend working is standard.
What you’ll need
- A friendly and approachable attitude when working as part of a team, with excellent customer service skills
- Qualifications: GN01, GN02, NRSWA, ELR
- Comfortable with technology (for using field-based systems)
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
*Please note, sign-on bonus payments are only available to candidates with all the above qualifications
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- £3000 sign-on bonus for fully qualified candidates – you will receive £1500 in your first month, and £1500 on completion of your first 12 months
- Company benefits including retail discounts, HolidayPlus, gym & mobile discounts, general health and wellbeing support, an excellent pension scheme, and more
- Being a part of a working environment where you are empowered to be yourself and work with all different kinds of people
- Joining a team where you work will directly impact SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ safe and warm, as well as reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry
Who are SGN?
In short, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses.
Come and be a part of world leading energy company!
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
SGN are proud to employ around 4,000 individuals with a wide range of experiences, backgrounds, and beliefs. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees.