Emergency Gas Responder
Average Salary: £48,620 per annum
Base Salary: £33.1k per annum (increase to £36.8k upon successful completion of probationary period)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
SGN has an outstanding reputation for building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably, and efficiently. This role is about exactly that – keeping our customers safe in their homes.
Day to day, you would be out and about in your own van, working independently, problem solving, speaking with our customers. You will need…
- A friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public
- A current ACS qualification, CCN1 or CESPI, and ideally MET1 to 4 (although this is not essential to apply for the role)
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
- You will be working on a rota, meaning out of hours and weekend working is standard.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint, and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information, or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.