Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an approved Electrician to work on our IOS contract in Colchester.
As an Electrician, you will be responsible for undertaking electrical installation, repairs and maintenance work to provide high quality, ‘right first time’, cost effective electrical work on Anglian Water’s assets.
As an Electrician your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Undertake high quality electrical installation, repairs and maintenance work in accordance with current regulations and legislation
- Undertake fault-finding and diagnostic work as required to repair and maintain electrical installation
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner
- Carry out inspection and testing on existing installations, as work progresses and on completed work recording results and completing appropriate test certification
- Undertake visual inspection of all tools, equipment and where appropriate vehicles ensuring they work correctly, reporting any defects
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must hold relevant qualifications (e.g. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, City & Guilds 2361 Part 1 & 2, 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations)
- Previous work experience in the water industry would be preferable
- Holder of appropriate CSCS card (desirable)
- Effective communication skills, reasonable written and numerical skills
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.