Electrical & Instrumentation Project Manager – Gas Transmission
Salary: Personal Contract (dependent on experience)
Location: Axis House, Edinburgh.
The key role as Project Manager E&I (Major Projects) is to manage the design, procurement, implementation and installation of E&I systems on a range of high-pressure reduction station construction and upgrade projects. This is a senior position reflected in a salary which will attract a Personal Contract.
In the role of E&I Project Manager you will be responsible for delivery of projects associated with fixed electrical, instrumentation, telemetry, flow metering and gas quality systems. This including feasibility study, coordination of design, project planning, procurement, site installation and commissioning either as standalone projects or part of a multi discipline team. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are carried out safely, to programme and within budget.
- Leads a team of engineers in the design, procurement, implementation and installation of a range Electrical, Instrumentation and control projects.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with Maintenance, Network and third parties to achieve SGN’s strategic objectives.
- Effectively manages a team to deliver specific projects while demonstrating high performance with regards to Safety, Engineering and Value for Money.
- Efficient management of contractors within Contracts and Framework Agreements.
- Applies effective project controls to ensure delivery of every project on time and on budget.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You will have Electrical and instrumentation project experience in an engineering environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the gas, process or petrochemical industries would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will hold, have held or be capable of, electrical authorisation within a similar engineering environment.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is required together with good influencing, coaching and communication skills allowing you to work with honesty and integrity at all times.
- You should be educated to Degree or HND standard in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- You must have a valid driving licence as this role will involve a certain amount of travel.
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…