Centrica Business Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a versatile EC&I Engineer to join our product development team, based in our Salford office. Centrica is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient CHP and distributed generation solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
- Salary: competitive
- Location: Flexible working available but should expect some time in the Salford office. Occasional UK travel to client sites
This is a varied role supporting delivery of our portfolio of CHP and power generation projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for design of project specific requirements, development of new product designs and product improvements. Specific accountabilities:
- Preparing electrical calculations and equipment specifications
- Design of control panels for generators and auxiliaries
- Preparing new, and modifying existing, drawings including panel schematics, SLDs, BCDs and cable schedules
- Design changes to improve products and help us deliver more efficient solutions for customers
- Support the management of all HSE, technical and compliance risks associated with electrical systems
The role involves design ownership of electrical and control engineering deliverables. A background in distributed generation, CHP or a related field is desirable but not essential. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding from some of the broad range of technologies we work with (generators, transformers, switchgear, cables, earthing, controls & instrumentation). Applications from professionals who can demonstrate understanding of some of the requirements are welcome.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Control Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in design of electrical/control systems for machinery, generators, power or similar applications
- Knowledge of legislation, standards and safe working practices relevant to electrical, control, instrumentation design
- Experience using electrical design software (Amtech, AutoCAD LT, EPLAN)
- Knowledge of machinery safety, earthing, fire & gas, BMS or metering
- Sound written and presentation skills as well as excellstrong communications skills
Due to our growth, we are changing rapidly. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where they can push for change and work within evolving structures and processes.