Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Base Salary: £43.2k - £48.7k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
Our Scotland E&I Maintenance team plays a vital role in the safe and reliable delivery of gas to our 5.8 million customers, and we have some exciting opportunities for an E&I Technician. The successful individual will be undertaking and overseeing maintenance, fault finding, and minor project works of a more complex nature on SGN’s network assets, Biomethane sites, and servicing external contracts such as NGM. Work will be undertaken on a wide range of equipment including but not limited to:
- Telemetry and Electrical systems
- Pressure and flow monitoring
- Gas quality systems
- Safety systems
- Security systems
- Power supply and generation
This role works across a large geographical area, and you will be working as part of a team as well as on your own, depending on the work you are doing. You will be expected to participate in a standby rota to deliver a 24/7 out-of-hours emergency support service.
A full valid driving license is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You will be a highly motivated individual with a sound understanding of the E&I engineering discipline that operates across the Maintenance team. You will also have the ability to support the interface with the wider SGN business at an engineering level.
- NVQ level 3 (or above), having completed a recognised apprenticeship in electrical / electronic / Instrumentation engineering or equivalent is required.
- IT literacy and a responsible approach to Health and Safety.
- You will be able to operate safely and effectively in a planned methodical way or, when necessary, positively in a reactive way.
- You will have a strong commercial and performance mind-set, with a track record of using innovative solutions to deliver efficiency, value for money and quality for the business.
- You will have excellent communication and customer service skills and will consistently demonstrate our core behaviours.
- You will be a great team player, have the ability to effectively manage projects and lead teams where necessary.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.