E&I Policy Engineer
Salary: £50.6k - £60.8k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Passionate about working for an industry-leading company?
SGN is leading the way in cutting-edge research for a net zero energy system. We use futuristic technologies and robotics to innovate and make the world a better place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical and Instrumentation Policy Engineer working within the Engineering Policy Team.
As our E&I Policy Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing and interpreting engineering procedures, standards, and specifications to ensure SGN meets its legal obligations and strategic goals. You'll have the opportunity to drive positive changes in our practices, participate in trials of new technologies, and work closely with operations and E&I asset functions. While the role is mainly office-based, you'll also visit gas operational sites, manufacturers, and suppliers, giving you the chance to gain valuable experience in the field.
This role provides the opportunity for extensive personal development leading to professional registration.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Electrical, Instrumentation, Control, Gas Quality, Industrial Metering, Fire and gas detection, Telemetry systems, and cyber security.
- Ideally minimum of Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Degree in Process Instrumentation and Control (or equivalent apprenticeship / experience gained working as an electrical and instrumentation technician).
- Knowledge of hazardous areas (DSEAR), Functional Safety (BS EN 61511) and operational technology Cyber Security.
- Performance orientated and self-motivated to manage priorities and timescales to meet company expectations.
- A full and valid driving licence is essential (travel within the UK is required to work in both office and field environments).
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.