E&I Craftsperson / Technician
Location: Glasgow (require flexibility to travel across Scotland / Northern Ireland)
Salary: £31.6k - £36.8k (dependent on experience)
SGN operates over 74,000km of gas pipelines and assets across Scotland, the south of England and Northern Ireland. Our Maintenance teams ensure the safe and reliable operation of our offtakes and pressure control assets; this involves the maintenance and repair of installations and equipment of various sizes and operating pressures.
We are now looking to expand our skilled workforce and currently have opportunities for Electrical & Instrumentation Craftspersons/Technician based in Scotland. We’re primarily looking to recruit in the central belt and Tayside/Aberdeen area however will welcome applicants with a flexible outlook.
- The maintenance and installation of operational plant and installations located in hazardous and non-hazardous areas. These includes various electrical and instrumentation assets measuring gas quality, temperature, pressure and odourisation systems.
- Fault finding and repair of instrumentation systems.
- Process control systems, telemetry units, primary instrumentation, low voltage power supplies and batteries, fire and gas detection equipment.
- Testing and Commissioning of minor project works.
- Carrying out site inspections and post maintenance audits as required.
- Mentoring and Assessing of Apprentices or new recruits.
- Supervising of Contractors.
- Checking and approving maintenance results and readings.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Applicants need to have completed a recognised Instrument Craft Apprenticeship and an ONC/HNC in Instrumentation and Control, a valid Compex Certificate and a working knowledge of applicable National and International standards.
- You will be flexible about periodically working away from home within Scotland and expected to participate in a standby rota.
- The post involves regular travel; therefore, a full valid UK driver’s license is required.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed! SGN specific training will be provided.
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…