About the role
As a Digital Product Executive, you will support delivery of the Thames Water digital self-serve roadmap. We are looking for someone to champion the Thames Water digital suite of services and support the Senior Product Manager and Product Manager in continuously improving the customer experience, in-life performance and product development. Using insight and data to champion test-based improvements. Key areas of accountability will include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Support Senior Product Manager and Product Manager to deliver the destination experience that meets customer requirements in accordance with the digital transformation programmes.
- Support journey for specific self-serve propositions and journeys relating to the overall digital roadmap including full journey lifecycle from on-boarding and in-life and cross proposition take-up.
- Support on insight gathering cross-business to translate business ideas into detailed requirements and user stories.
- Building internal stakeholder relationships, working closely with contact centre teams.
- Work with Customer Experience Design teams, and business content owners as well as agencies and in-house creative and brand teams to form online requirements.
Skills – essential
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a digital professional with previous experience in a digital experience-related role with proven passion for product development and the digital space.
- Worked in or alongside Agile Scrum teams.
- Solutions and outcomes focussed, whilst incorporating innovation and creativity.
- Proven experience working with digital product development and project management teams, including an understanding of the technical aspects (whilst not a technical expert).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with the ability to articulate technical issues in a straightforward manner.
- Passionate about understanding customers and their needs.
What’s in it for you?
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint
- Online collaboration tools – Microsoft suite an advantage
- Understanding of website accessibility standards
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of waterfall and agile methodologies
- Understanding of UX and UI design principles
This is an exciting opportunity for you to ensure that users are presented with the best journey experience and their needs can be met with minimum effort, reducing cost to serve and supporting the drive to increase self-serve channel share.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.