Are you an experienced Graphics or Digital Designer looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Digital Designer to join our team in Rochester, working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
What will you be doing?
The Digital Designer will be responsible for creating sleek, engaging and effective graphic designs and communication materials to promote the vision, purpose and strategy of the Recycling function of Viridor.
The main responsibility of this role will be the creation and development of artwork and graphic designs to assist the Project Development Team, such as storyboarding concepts or ideas for new projects and site developments.
You will be involved in idea generation from the start, and the creation of 2D and 3D content and materials including brochures, leaflets, posters, emails, large scale graphics, infographics, presentations, animations or video to support the development of strategic projects, business improvements, optimisation and growth opportunities in our Recycling function.
You will determine the best, most effective online and offline media to use.
What do you need?
- Graphics Design Degree
- Experience of using animation software, graphic design programs and video editing
- Experience leading the digital design on a project, or experience working as a conceptual artist for a project development team
- Must have a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant software
- Advanced Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of project development and project timelines
- Knowledge of the recycling industry or other relevant industries
- Understanding of industrial processes
What can Viridor offer you?
In return for your hard work as our Digital Designer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life
- Optional contributory healthcare
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras, Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Digital Designer, click apply.