This is a 6 month Fixed term contract
The purpose of Corporate Affairs is to promote, protect and enhance National Grid’s reputation and bring our brand to life. Digital content plays a vital role in showcasing the transformational engineering we deliver to decarbonise the economies in which we operate.
The Group Digital Content Editor is responsible for identifying engaging stories, and planning, creating and delivering compelling content across all channels.
You will do this by;
- Building relationships across the business to uncover and identify the stories that showcase National Grid’s role at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
- Working collaboratively across Corporate Affairs to create content to support business priorities and brand campaigns
- Understanding complex information and translate it into engaging, relevant, audience-led content
The Group Digital Content Editor will plan, create and deliver compelling content across all channels by;
- Shaping and delivering on a clear and compelling content strategy that aligns with the broader communications and brand strategy
- Writing and editing web stories for a wide range of audiences, video and audio scripts, and web content
- Using web analytics and data insights to inform content decision-making and planning
- Understanding how to use SEO to optimise and improve content
- Owning and managing the digital content calendar
You will work collaboratively across the function to deliver consistent messaging, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage content-led projects. The role will include managing content agencies and leading on content for brand campaigns, working closely with the Group Video and Digital Assets Executive to project manage video production and scripts and proof content, leading Editorial Board comprising key individuals across the business to identify stories and plan content, and working collaboratively across the function on email newsletters, including editorial planning and copywriting, Publishing and editing website content, in collaboration with the Digital team