DevOps Engineer (Salesforce)
We are now on the hunt for tech savvy, innovative professionals to join our global function; Digital Technology Solution (DTS) in supporting our company and people across the world, providing the infrastructure, technology and support needed. Working as part of a collaborative team with highly skilled individuals driving transformation and innovation.
This is a highly skilled role within Centrica's Design & Engineering function, responsible for Development and Operational capabilities of Salesforce platform for internal use. An excellent opportunity as a DevOps Engineer where you will maintain, consolidate, optimise and continuously enhance the Salesforce instance solutions and capability they provide to our business.
Devops Engineer Role accountabilities:
- Evangelise Cloud and DevOps practices by openly and honestly showcasing capabilities, understanding the outcomes customers are seeking and forever searching for the most simple and elegant solutions
- The Devops Engineer will take development and operational responsibilities of number of Salesforce instances, and enhance the capability and efficiencies of run
- Balance the work on features and operational backlog requirements
- Ensure that the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible. Build and operate software to help development, operations and support teams
- Work as part of a team of likeminded engineers in order to develop systems and software that help increase IT reliability and performance
- As the DevOps Engineer you will conduct post-incident reviews and trend analysis, train AI models to alert / prevent future occurrences
- The Devops Engineer will build a culture of engagement and service excellence within the organisation
- Continuously share knowledge and educate others on responsible DevOps practices
Devops Engineer Competencies, Experience and Qualifications:
- Exceptional Development capabilities in the toolsets relevant to the product / platform the team develops and supports
- Strong technical knowledge across cloud, infrastructure and applications domains and Devops tooling, current and emerging technologies for ITSM, tooling, alerting and automation
- Capability for continual improvement and ultra-fast technology skill take-on
- Ability to engage, build and sustain stakeholder relationships and influence decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms and clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness
- Able to lead virtual teams and hold peers to agreed standards of delivery and performance
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with ability to take courageous decisions often with limited time and information in order to restore service
- Strong analytical skills to bring out key information from multiple data sources to drive superior operational performance
- Calm under pressure and takes the lead during complex situations
- Inter-personal skills inspires a desire for overachievement and respect from peers.
To discuss this opportunity in further detail please apply now!