Morrison Utility Services are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to work with our Design team on the UKPN contract. The role will be based in Stevenage but will involve travel across the East Anglia area.
As a Design Manager you will be a part of our Design Team, who support the operational delivery of UKPN's 11kV to 132kV Network, refurbishing and building new switchouses and transformer enclosures with associated switchgear, transformers and cabling.
MUS is proud to be a key partner in the UKPN Alliance, delivering substation build and refurbishment works across the East of England including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, jointing, switchgear, bunding, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
As the Design Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Management of design services utilising internal and external resource.
- Agree safety, commercial and operational targets with Contract Director
- Exercise accountability and responsibility for commercial performance
- Monitor and review regularly performance against agreed internal and external targets
- Interface with customer and manage and develop relationship
- Develop team to provide support to build teams
- Plan and manage workload in line with customer requirements
- Preparation of project level design programmes and cost forecasts
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Senior management experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering /utility /DNO environment
- Proven staff management abilities and motivational skills gained in senior roles
- Ideally Chartered Engineer (ie MICE, MIET, MIMechE) or relevant experience
- Relevant management or professional qualifications
- Understanding of management systems to ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standards, relevant codes and Systems
- Knowledge of protection and control schemes on the 11kV to 132kV Distribution Network.
- Design and design management experience
- Knowledge & understanding of the CDM Regulations and the role of the Designer under the Regs
- Proven negotiation skills
- High degree of commercial and contractual awareness
- Ideally with experience working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.