Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Depot Manager to work on our Thames Water contract in Crossness, Abbey Wood.
As the Depot Manager you will be responsible for all activities in the Depot, making sure tasks are complete to a high standard and health and safety guidelines are followed.
As the Depot Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure a well organised depot and develop procedures if required
- Quality control of materials received
- Manage the issuing and receiving of materials
- Manage the yard workers
- Ensure all driver and vehicle tacho downloads are completed in a timely manner
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance
- Act as the overall referral point for the Depot on a day to day basis
- Undertake regular auditing and quality checks of depot and procedural compliance
- Ensure the depot interior and exterior are clean and tidy and that their presentation projects the company image
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- A full clean driving license required
- Knowledge of using a HHD (Handheld Device) for the use in managing and booking out stock
- Managing and putting systems in place
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of materials and fittings for the water industry is advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.