Delivery Coordinator Location:
Aylesford, Kent Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, Full Time From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role
The Delivery Coordinator, sitting within the Operational Support section of the business, is responsible for ensuring that all jobs scheduled in by the planning team are attended by operatives on the correct day. The Delivery Coordinator should take ownership of the delivery of each job they are assigned to their team and ensure that any dependencies are completed prior to attendance. The main objective of this role is to give the Operations Teams the best possible chance of completing their tasks on the day, and taking actions to resolve issues or refer back to planning if required. The Delivery Administrator will work closely with both DLO (Direct Labour Operatives) and Sub Contractors to guarantee the delivery of all jobs. Once jobs are signed off as complete, they will arrange for post-job site inspections by APDMs to ensure quality standards are being adhered to. Key Responsibilities
What we need from you Essential
- Provide the Planning team with the information they require to create a realistic schedule of work based on the resource levels available.
- Liaise with the Delivery Team on the day of jobs to facilitate completion
- Make regular check-in calls with on-site teams to ensure that the job information is up to date and any early warnings are recorded.
- Work to resolve on-day issues with the delivery teams and where required defer back to the client for DFE authorisation, or re-issue of work pack.
- Make time critical decisions to minimise delivery fallout due to on-day/short notice limitations or issues which arise
- Update internal and Client Systems to ensure that the latest job information is visible to clients and internal staff
- Attend regular conference calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders to improve processes, minimise issues, and work collaboratively to increase delivery
- Any other reasonable request as determined by management
- Knowledge of MS Office Package
- Good level of IT competency
- Organisational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
What you can expect from us:
- Experience in an Operational Setting
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
14/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.