- Job Reference: 00006654-1
- Date Posted: 12 November 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Day Operator to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum
- The option to purchase up to five days of additional leave
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Day Operator, you will be tasked with working as part of a team to maintain the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the weighbridge, main tipping hall, ash handling plant and consumable offloading areas at the Greatmoor EFW plant.
Reporting to the Day Operations Supervisor, you will assist in various health and safety and environmental activities whilst working as part of a high-performing team.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Assisting with the day-to-day intake of vehicles
- Ensuring all loads are recorded, weighed and dispatched effectively
- Carrying out random inspections of delivered waste to ensure compliance
- Operating overhead cranes, front loader machinery, road sweepers and forklift trucks
- Ensuring machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks
- Ensuring any defects are reported to a responsible person
- Providing cover in the absence of other members of the team
To be considered as a Day Operative, you will need:
- An understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation
- An understanding of safe and efficient traffic management within a busy environment
- The ability to operate overhead cranes, front loader machinery, road sweepers and forklift trucks and weighbridges
- Completion of a stage 1 Health and safety course, the duty of care course and all relevant vehicle licences
- A full driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Weighbridge Operative, Recycling Operative, Recycling Plant Operator, Waste Operative, Process Operative, or Shift Operative.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Day Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.