About the role:
This is a part-time opportunity to join our data protection team. The role will be 18 hours per week and will a great opportunity for a candidate looking to continue their career within Data protection.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Own and respond to environmental and personal data requests, by ensuring that requests are fully complied to, responded within regulatory timescales and the appropriate exemptions are applied
- Investigate data protection incidents/breaches in-line with the documented procedure(s)
- Ensure all work and complaints are accurately tracked and internal decisions are documented to demonstrate the rationale
- Produce and maintain procedural documents to demonstrate workstream governance
- Produce regular reports and share insight with stakeholders to reduce non-compliance, complaints and improve efficiency
- Support investigations into non-compliance, examining the end-to-end journey and identifying areas in need of improvement
- Engage with senior stakeholders to escalate serious matters that require immediate attention
- Work closely with the wider team to manage and escalate risks
- Lead training and awareness sessions to build a strong privacy culture
- Respond to data protection queries and provide relevant advice and guidance
- Undertake ‘first line’ assurance on processes to track compliance and areas for improvement and work closely with Audit and Assurance teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Legal/compliance/Privacy background would be advantageous.
- A-level educated
- Experience in a compliance-related role, ideally GDPR / data protection
- Experience in planning, collating and redacting data
- Expertise in multi-tasking and managing numerous deadlines
- Experience in collaborating with a range of employees within other departments
- Experience in investigations and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure, but also remain focused whilst undertaking arduous tasks
- Able to interpret regulations and communicate this in a clear, easy to understand way
- Able to take own initiative, make decisions, proactive and able to work without close supervision
- Inquisitive nature/able to investigate and interrogate processes and systems
- Applies discretion, professionalism and confidentiality
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.