The Digital Technology & Change organisation is being formed as part of this integration consisting of Change Management, Digital Data and Technology & Partner and Service Management functions to provide Change & IT services to the new E.ON I&C business.
Leading a technical team to assure and optimise the I&C data management capabilities, the Data Manager is a critical role for the future of our business; responsible for the effective performance and delivery of the I&C data management infrastructure.
This infrastructure provides EBIT enablement through data insight, business agility, operational effectiveness, and revenue generation.
With a strong business focus, the Data Manager will be I&C principal advocate for data as the organisations’ #1 asset.
Working hand in hand with key stakeholders the role holder will lead on the identification and delivery of value-add, data driven opportunities, strengthening our advantage in the market.
This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, delivery, and performance of a class-leading data management technology stack.
It will be responsible for the I&C wide offering of consolidated business data, data optimisation, value-add analytics, data quality management tooling and senior level reporting, thus enabling I&C to leverage the greatest value possible from its data.
- Expert knowledge of Business Solutions IT systems, infrastructure, architecture, hosting, data mapping, service providers, service agreements and relationships and governance frameworks.
- Working with MS SQL Server & Visual Studio.Net frameworks (C#).
- Defining standards for infrastructure development and administration.
- Working knowledge of ISO 8000 & ISO 38500 to inform and deliver best practice in data management and governance of systems and applications.
- Keen innovator in the use of data technology, with knowledge and expertise at the forefront of the field, a desire to generate ideas and experience in prototyping solutions across multiple platforms.
Personal attributes / behaviours:
- Ability to influence key and senior stakeholders, generating understanding of complex issues and gaining buy-in for data lead initiatives. Must be able to quickly understand, navigate and assess complex information, systems, and processes.
- Driving performance through leadership, empowerment, and personal development in a challenging and constrained environment.
- Experienced in directing a multi-functional team of specialists with strong leadership and coaching capabilities and an eagerness to lead and develop a strong team that are empowered to take ownership.
- High performing and high engagement culture embedded, supported with a robust performance management approach.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment e.g., external and business challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Motivating I&C with the benefits of data optimisation and data quality management. Inspiring the business with future possibilities identified through analytics. Agreeing clear objectives, tracking delivery and performance of the team and impact to I&C.
- Building productive, innovative, and opportunity-rich relationships with internal, senior, enterprise-wide and 3rd party stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of I&C data management capabilities.
- Ensuring clear and productive development paths for the team, building capability and performance orientated behaviours in our people. Delegating design, delivery, and assurance activity to develop skills and trust.
- Drawing on passion for data as an important strength to drive the business towards key objectives. Accounting for others’ feelings and intuitions about data and working to enhance prevailing sentiment in the business.
- Acting to drive more value from the complex network of data dependencies within I&C. Identifying and rectifying silo-ed thinking and behaviour to ensure ongoing productivity in I&C data processing.