About the role
Your role as Data Analyst will be to manage the day to day requests, pulling data from the company systems, running statistical analysis on it and producing outputs that feed this back to stakeholders. These outputs will cover the entire meter data set, from reads, to properties and customers. The role’s activities are project and request initiated. Typically, the analyst work will cover operational data questions from the business and external stakeholders.
You will also support the team to drive the adoption and use of smart metering in areas outside of Customer Programmes. Key areas of accountability will include:
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Provide clear and accurate outputs requested by stakeholders
- Source and analysing data obtained through smart metering processes
- Conduct research to find data to support the needs of the team or department and manipulate as necessary
- Run statistical analysis to support strategic direction and make recommendations to stakeholders. Influencing stakeholders to adopt recommendations
- Query the company databases and aggregate results for analysis
- Maintain and further develop the data sources available to the team
- Through manipulation of smart meter and asset data provide supporting analytics to enable strategy implementation
- Run scenario testing and impact analysis models
- Transform data analytics into usable recommendations for use within the wider metering team
Desirable technical skills:
- Drawing conclusions and generating insight from analysis
- Numeric degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data in SQL
- Advanced Excel modelling
- Strong presenting and influencing skills
- Experience of data modelling techniques
- Data analytics and presentation techniques
What’s in it for you?
- Power BI
This is a great opportunity for you to support in being a key promoter of smart metering through data analysis. You will liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders and show the value of Thames Water's data.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.