Customer Services Advisor
- Job Reference: 00005721-1
- Date Posted: 14 September 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Customer Services Advisor
Lincoln, Northampton, or Home Based
Are you a proactive customer service professional with experience of supporting operational management teams? Want to build a career to be proud of with an environmentally responsible business? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Customer Services Advisor to join our team, working on a full-time or part-time basis from your own home or our Lincoln or Northampton sites.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Home working options
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum (for full-time hours)
- The option to purchase up to five days of additional leave
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Dental plan and medical insurance schemes
- GymFlex (health club membership)
At FCC Environment, we have a lot to offer our employees. Our staff are key to our ongoing success, which is why we make every effort to ensure our people are rewarded, recognised for their work and looked after.
We will invest in your talent and potential (for your benefit and ours). We offer a comprehensive reward package backed by structured training and development, designed to give you hands-on experience and real responsibility at the earliest opportunity.
We’ll challenge and encourage you to achieve your best and will give you all the support you need to succeed. After all, there’s nothing we like better than seeing someone progress – it helps your career and our business.
What will I be doing?
As a Customer Services Advisor, you will provide an excellent service to our commercial and industrial customers.
A key part of your role will involve retaining customers who wish to cancel their contracts, so great communication and negotiation skills are essential. You will build a strong understanding of customers’ needs, effectively renegotiate new contracts and deliver services in line with KPIs.
You will also:
- Act as the voice of the customer within the business and ensure their needs are met
- Respond to customers’ queries
- When required, help to respond to queries from our internal customer mailbox
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks
What do I need?
To join us as a Customer Services Advisor, you will need:
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience of supporting operational management teams
- A good level of IT literacy, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time-management abilities
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths at grade C/4 or above
Other organisations may call this role Customer Service Rep, Customer Services Representative, Customer Care Agent, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Support Administrator, or Customer Services Agent.
This role is available on a full-time or part-time basis. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who can work 32 hours per week.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Customer Services Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.