Customer Service Advisor
Salary: £23.3k - £27.3k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
The Customer Experience Team are at the heart of our organisation and play a vital role in supporting our customers. You will be joining an award winning, passionate team, who are proud to be recognised as the number one Gas Distribution Network in the UK for customer satisfaction, working hard to ensure the 5.9 million homes and businesses we serve in the South of England and Scotland are safe and warm. The Customer Experience Centre is a small team based in Perth and Portsmouth, but you will be working with the wider Customer Experience team. As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers and provide the support they need to keep them safe and warm, while delivering an award-winning service we can be proud of.
Our Customer Service Advisors are multiskilled, and comfortable with handling multiple customers a day with the aim of getting it right first time. Working within the Customer Experience team can be fast-paced and there is a lot to learn, so being able to retain information and being a quick learner is essential. As is always putting the customer at the heart of what you do.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service and be dedicated to keeping our customers safe and warm.
- An ability to work towards the key performance metrics of the department.
- Respond to customer contact across our contact channels, not just telephone.
- Deal with a variety of customer contact covering all areas of the business and workstreams.
- Ensure we get it right first time when a customer contacts us.
- Logging contact received to best understand where customer trends, patterns and improvements can be found.
- Support our gas connections customers at the start of their journey with us by assisting with applications over the phone.
- Generating work order requests for engineer visits and updating customer relationship management system.
- Achieving KPIs on an individual level, which feed into the wider team and department.
- Liaising with operational teams and managers across different levels and business areas.
- Identifying customers who would benefit from the Priority Service Register and additional support services, offering our customers access to relevant services they need.
- Supporting during gas outages.
- Dealing with complaint calls and ensuring we do everything we can to support our customers by allocating them to colleagues to resolve.
What you’ll need
- A people person who is passionate in helping our customers, recognising no two customers are the same.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Proven experience in managing customer expectations and problem solving.
- A neat and accurate worker, as well as being able to multitask.
- Being at ease using multiple systems, and competent in Microsoft software packages.
- Able to work towards targets and clear objectives set by the department.
- Be able to respond quickly to changing customer contact and expectation.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working.
- Knowledge of digital customer interactions would be desirable, but not essential.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.