Customer Service Advisor
Location: Perth, Scotland
Salary: Starting at £19.4k (plus £1.9k shift uplift) increasing to £20.5k (plus shift uplift) after 6 months.
The Customer Experience Team are at the heart of our organisation and play a vital role in supporting our customers. You will be joining a small team based in Perth, Scotland but will be working with the wider Customer Experience team in Portsmouth. As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers and provide the support they need to keep them safe and warm, while delivering an award-winning service we can be proud of.
Our Customer Service Advisors are multiskilled, and comfortable with handling multiple customers a day with the aim of getting it right first time. Working within the Customer Experience team can be fast-paced and there is a lot to learn, so being able to retain information and being a quick learner is essential.
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service and be dedicated to keeping our customers safe and warm.
- An ability to work towards the key performance metrics of the department.
- Respond to customer contact across our contact channels, not just telephone.
- Deal with a variety of customer contact covering all areas of the business and workstreams.
- Ensure we get it right first time when a customer contacts us and are logging contact received to best understand where customer trends, patterns and improvements can be found.
- Support our gas connections customers at the start of their journey with us by assisting with applications over the phone.
- Generating work order requests for engineer visits and updating customer relationship management system.
- Achieving KPIs on an individual level, which feed into the wider team and department.
- Liaising with operational teams and managers across different levels and business areas.
- Identifying customers who would benefit from the Priority Service Register and additional support services, offering our customers access to relevant services they need.
- Supporting during gas outages.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A people person who is passionate in helping our customers, recognising no two customers are the same.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Proven experience in managing customer expectations and problem solving.
- A neat and accurate worker, as well as being able to multitask.
- Being at ease using multiple systems, and competent in Microsoft software packages.
- Able to work towards targets and clear objectives set by the department.
- Be able to respond quickly to changing customer contact and expectation.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working.
- Knowledgeable of digital customer interactions would be desirable, but not essential.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint, and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, Holiday Plus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation.
SGN are proud to employ around 4,000 individuals with a wide range of experiences, backgrounds, and beliefs. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees.