About the role:
Understanding the needs and expectations of our customers is central to Thames Water’s efforts to create a culture of customer obsession and improve the service we deliver.
Your role will be to analyse customer feedback, operational and management information data to provide commentary to enable the customer experience design team and other stakeholders to make informed business decisions.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.Key areas of accountability will include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Analyses customer feedback, external data and operational insights to provide high quality and actionable intelligence, working in partnership with operational insight teams
- Models and interprets the data provided by the insights team and overlay customer insights on operational insights to derive key focus areas for the business
- Provide expert advice to help influence and inform the insights, design and operational teams on what customers want and how this is currently being addressed
- Co-ordinates across key operational areas of our business to understand how this insight is being used in the business and raises awareness across Thames Water about what customers want and how we are delivering this
- Produces consolidated reports across the business that shows the triangulation of customer feedback and operational insights
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with other teams to understand the ‘so what’ behind trends and performance across specific channels
- Provides inputs for the customer research and insight team to produce a regular heartbeat of their triangulated insights
What’s in it for you?
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with ability to manipulate and interpret data
- Excellent IT skills – relevant industry specific tools and systems as well as Office
- Good stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Organised, structured and able to present analysis clearly
- Ability to analyse trends and overlay different information to arrive at conclusions to help the business improve
- Good understanding of customer satisfaction and advocacy measures
This is an exciting new role within the business that gives you lots of scope to develop this role whilst giving you exposure to internal and external stakeholders.
You will triangulate customer insights with operational insights, working with the wider Customer Research & Insight team to deliver a heartbeat of customer insights at company and transactional levels and provide strategy, design and operational teams with the guidance they need to improve the customer experience.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.