Customer Area Manager (Developer Services) (18845)
Job ID: 18845
Location: Warrington UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
To lead office and field based staff to ensure that UUW meets all regulatory and service obligations with respect to developer services, including; advice on pre-planning enquiries, comments on planning applications,
the design and construction, adoption and assurance of new water and wastewater infrastructure, the protection, connection to and diversion of existing assets and reconciliation of new customer accounts. You will be passionate about improving the customer experience at every opportunity, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and D-MeX performance.
You will be responsible for promoting and embedding a customer centric culture throughout Developer Services and Metering whilst delivering end to end KPI performance for your geographical area. You will have direct line and performance management of office and field staff including partner resources, identify areas for improvement and implementing performance improvement plans. you will also be responsible for:
- Insight analysis on performance and trends.
- Managing customer escalations and engaging in proactive customer contacts to facilitate continuous improvement plans across the area.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and help on customer issues, including the processes practices and reporting for Developer Services and Metering
- Leading the team and driving performance for our customers and developers regarding enquiries relating to water and wastewater services.
- Acting on customer feedback through D-Mex, WOW awards, Rant and rave, customer escalations/complaints applying relevant action plans.
- Managing and supporting the Customer functions within our contract partner delivery areas.
- Keeping up to date with internal and industry standards, guidance and SLA's.
- Reducing operating costs by identifying efficiencies and eliminating duplication across the team.
- Work allocation to the relevant teams within Developer Services and Metering within appropriate service levels.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Network Operations, the HBF, Water UK, Retailers and Highway Authorities.
- Developing self and others – create an environment in which everyone is motivated to learn and develop to maximise their full potential.
- Point of contact for escalated and complex design decisions, dealing with home owners, developers, self-lay providers (SLPs) and consultants.
- Ensure quality, fit-for-purpose assets are designed, constructed and vested into UUW ownership.
- Ensure that consistent and robust processes are in place and adhered to, for the handling of development related queries and activities, from initial enquiry through to the design, construction, inspection and adoption of new assets.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation.
- Establishing and driving an environment which embodies robust performance coaching and management and ensures business targets and objectives are exceeded.
- Internal and external stakeholder management.
- Providing services to Developers, Self-Lay Providers and New Appointments & Variations within a defined geographical area.
Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will preferably be educated to degree level or have extensive experience working within utilities, design and construction, with a proven track record of delivering great customer service. You will have detailed understanding of Water Industry Act and other relevant legislation together with a robust understanding of wider business and commercial issues across the business area. You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to motivate and influence at all levels.
- Great innovation problem solving skills, working and influencing others, customer focus with commercial orientation.
- Rounded experience working in a technical capacity with responsibility for providing high levels of customer service, quality and operational effectiveness.
- Excellent understanding of wider business, strategic and commercial issues across the business.
- The ability to self-motivate and be results focused. Able to demonstrate resilience and tenacity whilst remaining positive and engaging.
- Ability to engage, motivate and manage cross functional teams and partners to deliver solutions that are best for UU and their customers.
- Subject matter expert knowledge on regulatory and statutory aspects of Developer Services.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.