About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a carer minded, experienced Cross Skilled Technician, to Join the team in our Didcot Depo. In your role you will be expected to inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair as appropriate, mechanical plant and associated electrical equipment, in a safe efficient timely and effective manner with minimum supervision.
Working within the team you will follow robust maintenance plan as well as getting involved in installation projects, mechanical and electrical fault finding, project commissioning and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- To carry out electrical or mechanical installation work at a variety of industrial / construction locations involving a number of different processes.
- To carry out inspection and testing work of installations to check compliance with current Standards and Regulations.
- To carry out maintenance and fault finding complying with current Standards and Regulations.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at work regulations and Thames Water’s Health and Safety guidelines.
- Provide specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge and provide training support for technical trainees.
What’s in it for you:
- You should be a time served apprentice within the significant experience of electrical systems working in a “true multi-skilled” capacity. Previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 is crucial.
- Ideally, you will have been upskilled with a mechanical qualification to allow inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair mechanical and electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial.
- The work will require physical fitness; as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours’ standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
- A valid driving licence is essential and all necessary equipment such as vehicle and tools are provided.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy