- Job Reference: 18094
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Dumfries and Galloway (DG1 2DS), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
SP Energy Networks
At SP Energy Networks our focus is on harnessing technology and innovation to create the networks of the future. Our team is building a dynamic network to meet the changing demands for electricity and increasingly, renewable electricity - safely, securely and sustainably in the communities we serve.
At SP Energy Networks, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The position of Fitter sits within the SP Transmission - Substation Maintenance business unit, reporting to the Team Leader.
As a Fitter, you will maintain the Transmission System Assets to required standards.
Contributing as an effective member of Transmission Operations Maintenance business, you will carry out plant maintenance on Transmission System assets which includes ad-hoc sub-station repairs e.g. replaces danger plates, repair fences.
Undertaking standby duties to oversee contractor works, you will ensure all site works are carried out safely and strive to eliminate customer complaints as an on-site representative of the company
Carrying out switching on the network as appropriately authorised and directed, you will also ensure the quality system within maintenance is achieved.
Skills and Requirements
* Knowledge/experience of working on types of switchgear on the Power System Network
* Company Safety Rules as applicable to fitting activities
* Ability to carry out 'live working' in accordance with Power Systems 'Live Working Manual'
* Ability to carry out electric arc welding and gas welding
* Requirement to work outdoors in all weather conditions for the majority of the working week
* Requirement to work at height and in confined spaces
* Requirement to stay away from home when asked due to operational requirements
* Current UK driver licence
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate:
* Experience working with transmission plant and equipment
* Evidence of system authorisations held
* Proven track record in all aspects plant maintenance
What we Offer
This is a permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £25,512 per annum.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Behavioural Based Interview with Technical Question(s)
* Behaviours of an Individual Contributor: Develop Self & Others, Empower to Grow, Collaborate & Share, Be a Role Model, Focus to Achieve Results, Be Agile
* Closing date: Thursday 4th March 2021