Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Cost Clerk to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Framework covering the Thames Valley region.
As a Cost Clerk, you will be part of the Commercial Team and your role will be to support the Delivery Teams in ensuring cost control and administration is kept up to date and accurate, to also include purchasing duties. You will work closely with the Delivery Team delivering both clean and waste infrastructure projects
As the Cost Clerk your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Raising of Purchase Orders through our centralised purchasing system
- Ensure correct cost allocation to projects and codes (to include EES and product coding)
- Ensure material and plant procurement is carried out in accordance with the governance levels within the Schedule of Delegated Authorities (SODA)
- Invoice matching and queries
- Ensuring that payments for plant and materials suppliers are timely and accurate
- Close liaison with the Site Teams to manage the day to day cost administration of projects
- Ensure timely completion of approval process to adhere to the project programme
- Assisting the Commercial Teams with other functions from time to time
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar role/accounts experience
- Good IT skills with experience on all Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable negotiating and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver who meets new tasks with an open mind
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to achieve contractual deadlines
- Results driven individual with the capability of working on their own initiative
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently with a high attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.