Job Title: Copper Jointer Supervisor
Location: Hampshire/ Berkshire
Salary: Up to £40k depending on experience
Business Area: Utilities - Telecoms
Join Kier, connect to your future.
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places. Being part of Kier connects you
to strategically important projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients' customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
Recently appointed as Openreach's core partner, this exciting contract will see us providing multi-million pound planned and reactive fibre and copper network services across Hampshire and Berkshire over the next five-years.
With our new growth and ambition to be industry leaders, we are looking for talented, professional and customer centric people to join our team.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the next 10-15 years, it's a great time to work in Telecoms. Working for Kier you'll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions within a dynamic and passionate team.
About the role
In this exciting role you will be responsible for field support of operational direct labour teams and sub contractor supply chain, attending all required meetings and the input into the co ordination of work stack in line with delivery programme, ensuring delays are minimised by resolving operational issues. You will also lead and develop a team to successfully meet and exceed both Kier/Openreach expectations.
As an experienced Fibre Jointer/ Splicer, you will be responsible for building fibre nodes, splicing the cables into the node and testing the network using OTDR.
What we need from you
- Experienced in Telecoms, Openreach specifically.
- Jointing OH & UG - repairing and remaking E and D Side joints, block and tails, length renewals, PCP terminations.
- Able to drive/have a valid UK driving license
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products - word, excel etc.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Previous experience of a similar role in a similar workstream
- MT003, SA001 and SA002 Accreditations
- Other Openreach Accreditations ( E1, F15, F2, F3, F4, F5, F7, F8, G1, G2, K8)
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor (desirable)
- SSSTS or SMSTS (desirable)
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you'll enjoy the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
You can also expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes:
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and
- Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
Closing Date for Applications: 12/03/2021