- Job Reference: 00006118-1
- Date Posted: 13 October 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
Working under the direction of the Manager for the planning, control and supervision of staff and resources to maintain the collection of refuse and recycling throughout the district.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
Responsible for his personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company’s activities. In particular:
• Plan and organise daily tasks, arranging crew deployment, allocating vehicles, plant and materials to ensure completion of contractual requirements and specifications.
• Prepare and record resource schedules for all work programmes so as to ensure adequate labour, vehicles, plant and materials are available to meet contract schedules, informing Manager of any shortfalls and action taken to resolve.
• Set output targets for all crews and monitor performance and standards against targets.
• Ensure that all staff completes accurately all relevant documentation – driver defect reports, work schedules, time sheets, driver’s hours and additional work instructions.
• Ensure that wheel torque and vehicle cleaning is being carried out as per company procedures each week.
• Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the H&S at Work Act and all other work related legislation.
• Carry out Health & Safety monitoring, and reversing assistant monitoring to all crews, each crew should be seen a minimum of once per week.
• To maintain all records and systems for the effective operation of the contract.
• Maintain high standards of contractor/client liaison.
• Manage employee attendance, staff grievances, misconduct and discipline within the scope of Company guidelines. Carry out return to work interviews on employees following all non-attendances at work and invoke capability procedures if required.
• To assist the Company in achieving its published Business Objectives and complying with all procedures in line with the ISO system.
• Assist with other Supervisors as and when required to maintain correct supervision and conformance across contract.
You may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business, all additional duties will be considered to be within your capacity and capability.
Experience• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• Are a good timekeeper
• Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including IT.
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
• Pay attention to detail.
• Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised, as well as being adaptable to new and changing situations (problems).
• Ability to delegate, train, lead and monitor workforce.
• Have an intermediate knowledge of Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
• Experience of planning workload, holidays and scheduling.
• Be calm, assertive and confident, show sympathy as required.
• Experience of stock control and related issued.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Good Communication Skills.
• Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
• Highly Motivated.
• Clean Driving Licence
• Local knowledge of area.
• Be keen to undertake personal development.
• Previous operational experience.
• Be a team player.
• Able to operate mechanical equipment, after instruction.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Intermediate IT Skills.
• Good Time Management.
• Experience of training and developing others.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Ability to learn.
• LGV Licence
• Experience of unionised work environments.
• Able to undertake presentations.
• Be results orientated
• Driving vehicles up to 3.5t
• LGV Class 2 – This would be desirable
• O’Licence – This would be desirable
• Working on the highway – This would be desirable