Contract Operations Manager
- Job Reference: 00021379-1
- Date Posted: 11 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
The purpose of this role is to manage FCC’s GFBW (Green, Food, Bulky and Wood) Transfer Station contract at High Heavens in Buckinghamshire, all in accordance with good practice, FCC procedures and local Contract requirements. This includes managing service delivery to the council, maintaining compliance with key performance indicators and being the first point of contact for the client in all aspects of the service delivery; Ensuring corporate targets are met, especially in terms of SHEQ, profitability, cost tracking, recycling, best possible customer service and communication through the service delivery.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• Management control of site Health & Safety. Promote importance and install an overriding culture of H&S in all personnel as well as site users and contractors.
• Management of staff and human resource issues (Training, Development, and Disciplinary action). Maintain accurate and suitable records.
• To control and co-ordinate the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with management instructions and group policies, health and safety and legislative requirements, permit and planning conditions and contractual service delivery needs. Incudes maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHAS 18001 / ISO45001 and ISO 50001 standards for the site management systems.
• To promote high profile helpful, courteous and professional customer service practice and develop new ideas, thereby providing an exemplary customer service and adherence to strict performance indicators.
• Carry out and provide a full detailed investigation report on any complaints received and meet all contractual targets for complaint management. Including feedback on actions and communications.
• Responsibility over facility P&L account including budget creation and management. Expectation of cost control and limitation of any financial penalties.
• Attend contract management meetings and liaise with the client on KPI issues, billing and data queries.
• Monitoring and delivery of contract requirements including preparation of reports, reviewing and updating contract documentation and maintaining compliance with contract KPI’s.
• Be the first point of contact for Council Officers and Associated Contractors as the representative of the main waste delivery point for the contract.
• Liaise with external bodies and local communities, including regular attendance of Community Liaison Group meetings, submission of planning conditions and reporting and management of EA communications.
• Cooperation with wider services for the authority when necessary such as supporting contract publications, attendance of authority events and assistance with site developments.
• Liaison with Council officers as well as waste collection contractors to maintain a quality and safe service to the site users.
• Ensure maintenance of site infrastructure is planned and executed to a high standard, meeting all legislative and contractual requirements.
• Undertake any other task, which in the role of employment can be reasonably expected.
• Managing and developing opportunities for internal disposals, maximising the margin to the company.
• Managing compliance across the business.
• Managing hauliers and other suppliers on bespoke contracts.
• Overseeing legislative issues and changes and keeping an overview on market developments.
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role and with a proven track record in an Operations Management role.
• Hold the relevant CoTC(s) or be committed to achieving this first year.
• Experience of a professional and disciplined approach to management, working alongside operational teams ensuring performance expectations, service standards and people development are met.
• Demonstrable skills in ensuring customer and stakeholder’s needs are met, developing and maintaining productive relationships.
• Evidence of the ability to identify and implement change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements.
• Loading shovel / telehandler licence desirable.
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Satisfactory completion of the Certificate of Technical Competence.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
• Proven ability to select and build strong teams. Strong leadership qualities, skilled in delivering measurable results through others, able to coach and inspire staff to broaden their outlook and raise their expectations.
• A highly credible and professional image, with well-developed people skills capable of developing and maintained positive relationships with the customer and internal contacts.
• Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
• IT Literate – Microsoft Office essential
• Organised, methodical and able to work unsupervised.
• Good understanding of waste management rules and regulations.
• Comfortable dealing with customers and demanding workload (from time to time).
• Commercial in outlook.
• Ability to mentor new colleagues as required.