Contract & Operations Administrator
- Job Reference: 00005612-1
- Date Posted: 7 September 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Reading, Berkshire
- Salary: £21,536 to £25,336
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
The Contract & Operations Administrator is responsible for; the health and safety of all staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst operating the site, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality, and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
Reporting to the Contract Administration Manager for the SPV (re3 Ltd), the role is focused on the delivery of high quality service and reporting via the wide-ranging Contract Administration aspects.
It includes formal client facing / subcontractor facing Contract Management (complex and demanding) and the control of key aspects of the Performance Mechanism and the support contracts. Attention to detail and the ability to be decisive and swift are essential.
The work is based on the two project sites and covers five operational facilities:
• Two Transfer Stations at Smallmead and Longshot Lane
• Two Civic Amenity sites at Smallmead and Longshot Lane
• A Kerbside MRF at Smallmead
• Total of circa 50 operational and 8 office based staff.
Additionally there are 141 Bring Site locations across the Boroughs and a range of subcontractors including the primary ones for Landfill, EfW and green waste.
Travel between the two Berkshire sites in Bracknell and Reading will be required at times and occasional travel to other UK locations (training, visits, meetings) will be required.
1. To welcome / receive visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner and ensure the reception area is kept presentable.
2. To manage incoming communications calls / emails / post (including the re3 admin mailbox) and ensure that only relevant callers are connected, and taking messages when required.
3. To receive the morning postal delivery, despatch correspondence throughout the office in an efficient manner, and manage the delivery of outgoing post to the post office (inc. liaising with external couriers).
4. To support / manage administrative enquiries and general administrative duties.
5. Ensure the office stationary cupboard is well stocked at all times
6. To co-ordinate meeting arrangements, travel itineraries and accommodation as and when necessary.
7. To manage meeting room and hot desk diaries.
8. To type generate / develop / type memoranda, letters, faxes and reports from dictated audio and handwritten format, and ensure they are presented to an accurate and high professional standard.
9. Support all local, contractual and divisional requirements, with the production of word and excel documents. To prepare and amend electronic slide presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
10. Liaise with the suppliers of office services including cleaners, equipment service engineers, etc., so that repairs and other matters arising are handled quickly and with minimum inconvenience.
11. Ensuring that divisional holiday, sickness and leaver records are kept up to date and that information is forwarded to the HR Department on a regular basis.
12. To support the management of Facilities management on site under the guidance of the Administration Manager.
13. To assist the generation and development of a data management system, and to maintain a comprehensive and readily accessible filing system in electronic and manual format according to departmental needs and circumstances.
14. To take support and occasionally manage / lead re3 related projects as guided by the Management team on site.
15. To support communications and stakeholder management activities, which will occasionally, be out of hours.
16. To research and analyse data / reports / information to support the successful delivery of the contract.
17. Any other reasonable request.
1. Clean driving licence and access to a car (mileage reimbursed via expenses)
2. Proven administration experience in demanding office environments.
3. Reputation for consistent delivery within a demanding business environment.
4. Proven ability as a team player in a small team of 5 – 10 people.
5. Relevant manufacturing / industrial / waste / resource / materials management experience would be helpful.
Personal attributes and other requirements
1. Proven oral and written communication skills.
2. Numerate and IT literate, with the ability to use data and management information effectively to help deliver performance.
3. Decisive and comfortable with responsibility.
4. Ability to work with regional and central specialists.
5. A confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company
6. Able to work accuracy, intent, drive and enthusiasm to achieve leading-edge standards.
7. Able to embrace change, committed to finding better ways of doing things.