About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Lead to join us at Thames on a permanent basis. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for driving, implementing and embedding improvement projects and initiatives. Supporting change and continuous improvement team in the delivery of measurable and sustainable efficiency improvements.Key Accountabilities:
- Supporting and influencing non-direct line management teams to drive improvements within their areas of responsibility and accountabilities.
- Taking ownership of large /complex deliverables through to completion including embedding into BAU through control and sustain applications.
- Identifying and facilitating projects, workstreams and programmes to drive change in processes to hit agreed business targets by working with performance analysts.
- Effectively facilitate workshops and group working sessions, constructively challenging views and decisions to ensure the objective is met.
- Working closely with regional analysts and use other sources of data to identify areas of focus to increase productivity, reduce cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Using Continuous Improvement methodology in the application of improvement activity
- Ensuring that best practice is developed, shared and in line with the other Thames Water regions
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Planning initiatives and ensure resources, cost, risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies are fully identified, including an assessment of all potential benefit and dis-benefits.
- Driving a zero-compromise approach to Health, Safety, and Wellbeing and Water Quality.
- Providing updates, reports and stage gate reviews inputs with support as defined in the governance model and agreed upon within individual projects.
What’s In It for you:
- Previous change management experience with experience in the implementation of customer-focused business change and initiatives.
- Ideal but not necessarily, you will be trained in LEAN and/or Six Sigma (or similar change methodology).
- Excellent planning skills and self-management capability; experience of executing strategic plans and experience working across different disciplines and business segments.
- Experience in project-related problem solving within a complex business environment - agile delivery would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to get results and deliver change in a complex environment
- Experience in Coaching and Mentoring and a high degree of emotional resilience and intelligence.
- Desirably you will have a network of key Change professionals to leverage and share knowledge, consultancy, facilitation and Commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of change management and/or business readiness experience and proven experience of delivering sustainable change including people change projects.
- You will demonstrate the ability to drive analysis, reporting and insights to contribute to making informed business decisions
- Proven experience working with large teams to realise benefits and sustain change and strong leadership skills with experience of working with a strong unionised environment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.