Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a talented Project Engineer to join our Centrica Business Solutions team in Salford Manchester. The business is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions such as CHP, Solar, GSHP, & various other Optimisation products & solutions to clients in private, public & Industrial sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK & overseas.
Salary: £35-£40k plus benefits and company car
Location: Based at our Salford Offices, with travel to UK based client sites.
This is a key role in being responsible for managing mainly Combined Heat & Power (CHP) installations from client order through to Commission & Handover.
- Management and technical liaisons with Clients & Suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & maintaining high standards throughout.
- Microsoft Project literacy preferable in order to generate project delivery & time plans.
- Budget setting / adherence & control responsibility.
- Overseeing of both permanent and contract staff as required.
- CDM awareness and compliance with all H&S site safety requirements.
- Conversant with RAMs (Risk & Method Statements) both vetting and writing.
- Reporting to the Projects Leader on progress / budgets / risks.
The role involves the management of delivering mainly our CHP products from order placement through to final commission & handover to the customer and thus excellent communication skills both written and verbal are a necessity.
A background in Mechanical and / or Electrical Engineering within the building services field would be most desirable. Construction site industry knowledge including building management systems would be advantageous to assist the bespoke training on our products and their interfacing into site services.
- Knowledge of Construction Mechanical & Electrical Processes.
- Commercial Know-how and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective planning ability & forecasting.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety and Quality procedures.
- Good IT literacy
- Professional and friendly
- Organised and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Ability to travel and stay away from home
- Eligible to work in the UK