Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Construction Manager to join our Electrical Transmission division, overseeing the delivery of nationwide projects.
As a Construction Manager you will be part of our Electrical Transmission management team who are responsible for managing the civils teams across the UK transmission network. You'll work with National Grid, SSE and private enterprise clients on Capital Equipment replacement and new build substations. The construction manager will co-ordinate all site activities ensuring the safe and timely delivery of the works on time, to cost and quality.
Our clients are electrical transmission companies with diversified operations in Infrastructure Project Development, EPC Projects and refurbishment of existing infrastructure. You will be expected to manage multiple disciplines - civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, instrumentation systems, telecommunications, quality assurance and control processes, and health and safety.
As a Construction Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Working within the Electrical Transmission business unit delivering Capital Projects, coordinate execution of projects for the company on behalf of National Grid, SSE and Private Enterprise Clients.
- Build the team and motivate it to deliver the project safely to the agreed time, cost and quality.
- Manage the construction team resources and ensure appropriate training and authorisations.
- Ensure requisite specialist roles and authorised personnel are available during project delivery in line with programme requirements.
- Set objectives with staff and by personal example ensure full compliance with health, safety, environment and employment policies.
- Develop the production strategy as part of the overall project delivery.
- Ensure implementation of construction methodologies that are in line with latest industry legislation, guidance and best practice
- Develop, implement and maintain the Construction Phase, Contract and Project Quality Plans.
- Ensure that all safety and environmental risks are adequately identified and appropriately controlled at site level.
- Secure all permits and licences, and liaise with all statutory authorities and neighbours.
- Seek and implement improvements to the company’s processes.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive experience in construction management delivering capital projects.
- Sound experience in delivering civil engineering construction projects.
- Electrical transmission and construction experience are essential.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to develop and work within collaborative client relationships
- Construction or Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
- Related industry discipline, formal Civil or Electrical qualification an advantage
- CSCS black card preferred.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car / car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.