About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager to work on our HS2 contract in North Acton, London
As a Construction Manager you will be part of our pro-active team who are responsible for the design and construction of the multi-utility diversion works.
HS2 is a state-of-the-art, high-speed line critical for the UK’s low-carbon transport future. It will provide much needed rail capacity across the country and is integral to rail projects in the North and Midlands. This all helps to re-balance the UK economy. Our works are performed on behalf of Tier 1 Joint Venture organisations across the prestigious HS2 Phase 1 project from London to Birmingham.
As the Construction Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Resource management including plant, labour, materials and supervision
- Safe delivery of the work on time and within budget cost parameters
- Planning and Programming of the work
- Effective liaison and coordination with all Stakeholders including client, Highways, Utility companies, etc.
- Develop and implement Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Inspection & Test Plans
- Management and motivation of Site Operations to maximise outputs
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Multi-utility experience in a similar role
- NRSWA Supervision
- Qualified to degree/HND/HNC standard in a related subject area, or alternatively NVQ level 7
- Demonstrable experience directly overseeing high value utility projects
- Good communicator and able to multi-task in an ever changing environment
- Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience in multi utility diversions (water, gas, electric), deep excavations, temp works and traffic management.
- The Construction Manager will be managing a team of engineers, supervisors and sub-contract labour workforce.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Travel Allowance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.