This is a brand new role for our growing business, working within the Developer Services function of our Joint Venture with Thames Water.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about data and using it to drive excellent operational performance.
Not only will you be working closely with your team to find, scrutinise and provide data, you will also play a pivotal role in challenging and supporting various teams and stakeholders, to excel and eradicate inefficiencies.
Your team will consist of two Compliance Administrators, a Business Data Analyst and a Process/Document Controller.
• Lead and manage your team by setting targets, conducting appraisals, holding regular 1-2-1s etc.
• Through your actions and behaviours, play a key role in embedding a culture of ambition, innovation, integrity and care.
• Ensure the quality and integrity of reports and dashboards are fit for purpose and consistent.
• Develop a reporting change governance process ensuring standards of reporting is maintained.
• Attendance at senior management meetings, to present the data you and your team have produced, with the goal of bringing the information to life and thus driving accountability and process improvement.
• Support and educate the business in the analysis of performance metrics and how to understand trends.
• Share best practise and standards with colleagues and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve processes and drive consistencies.
• Support the team on root cause analysis on trends and identify actions required and interrogating information available.
What are we looking for?
Prior experience leading a team, highly developed analytical skills, an adept communicator who is skilled at tailoring information to suit the audience, substantial experience of developing and providing complex technical reports and dashboards, a competent user of Power BI, advanced Excel + other MS Tools, in addition to a continuous improvement mindset.
Experience within the utilities / construction sector would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience we would love to hear from you!
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.