Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Commissioning Engineer to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance contract in Scotland. Caledonia Water Alliance is one of the Scottish Water Alliance partners and has been awarded the Scottish Water SR21 Water and Waste Water projects.
As the Commissioning Engineer you will be part of our MEICA Delivery Team who are responsible for all elements of MEICA delivery, from procurement to final a handover. You will also provide support to the design function, assisting with planning, liaising with the project team and managing the project handover
As the Commissioning Engineer your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Work alongside the Caledonia Water Alliance Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) department, other members of the project team and leadership to drive the delivery of projects to the highest standards
- Delivery of the MEICA commissioning elements to the agreed time, cost and quality requirements and to support the Project Manager (MEICA) and wider MEICA team
- Work closely with planning team to compile the MEICA commissioning programmes to ensure that they align with the overall project programmes and to monitor and update progress as required
- Produce project specific commissioning plans for the different project phases, reviewing and re-issuing them in accordance with the project requirements
- Liaise with project stakeholders for all types of projects to ensure effective delivery of commissioning programmes whilst taking cognisance of other project activities
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) at supplier premises when required
- Provide management of sub-contract labour on site, checking, appraising safe system of work documentation providing a Caledonia Water Alliance point of contact when sub contract commissioning labour are on site
- Compile and develop, where required, comprehensive MEICA Commissioning documentation, including (but not limited to) Commissioning Plans, Commissioning Sheets, Training Plans, Training feedback forms and SAT & FAT documentation reviews
- Preparing progress reports for the MEICA Management team
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Technically qualified for the role
- Experience as an Electrical and Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
- Experience in the water industry
- DOMS/Water Hygiene qualification
- First Aid Qualified
- Ideally SMSTS/SSSTS trained
- Ideally reside in Scotland due to potential emergency call outs
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.