Commercial Team Leader (17783)
Job ID: 17783
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
To lead a small team that utilise business process expertise and SAP functional knowledge in order to deliver a best practice transactional procurement service, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and driving continuous improvement on behalf of the business operations and vendors.
- Lead and support the business through best practice procurement processes through identification and collaboration to deliver adherence to policy and procedures
- Allocate tasks to team members, identify priorities and control the workflow to ensure that outputs are delivered to targets set within SLA's to provide an efficient and timely service to business operation and vendors
- To investigate, recommend and implement improvements to working practices that result in reduction in non-compliance to process and increase in invoices paid on time
- To act as point of contact to internal business regarding SAP process and issue resolution
- Support and advise the business in all transactional procurement processes including, shopping carts, goods receipts/returns, invoice queries, engineering certificates, down payments etc.
- To work with category teams to develop and implement processes that improve paid on time
- Work in partnership with business operations and IT support teams highlighting where improvements can be made
- Represent the team in the development and implementation of new IT technology and systems to secure the continuing provision of services and process simplification
- Represent the team on inter-departmental and cross functional project teams
- Represent the team at business meetings to provide solutions to non-compliance and vendor payment issues.
- Deliver SAP training as required to business operations teams and vendors
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with category and commercial teams in supply chain, operations teams, IT support teams and third party organisations
- Performance manage and audit the team against SLA's and targets
- Ensure sufficient coverage of the team to meet the demands of the business
- Approval of payment runs cheque and Bacs
- To be a point of contact and provide information, data and evidence for internal and external audit of Purchasing practices and processes
- Support to Purchasing team through creating User guides, training packs, guidance notes, e-learning packages and training sessions to ensure quality and compliance to Purchasing processes and procedures
- Support and provide data for the Policy and Governance team Purchasing reporting.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrates a sound understanding of end to end procurement and payment processes including integration with Finance, HR and front office
• Ability to identify and manage complex problem resolution with regard to the end to end procurement process
• Sound and comprehensive communication skills both written and verbal in order to convey complex information in a style appropriate for the audience
• Lean process problem / root cause analysis skills
• Working knowledge of SAP processes, roles and responsibilities
• Working knowledge of SAP functionality across the procurement processes and the integration with other functions and processes
• Demonstrates personal credibility to influence and guide business operations teams and leaders as a trusted advisor and confidante
• Strong business knowledge is an advantage
• Excellent influencing skills
• Managing a small team with conflicting priorities
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 05/12/2021