Closed Site Supervisor
- Job Reference: 00010698-1
- Date Posted: 22 April 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Closed Site Supervisor
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for a Closed Site Supervisor to join our team at our Stewartby waste processing site.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity for a supervisor with team management experience and working understanding of environmental issues to become a key member within our growing, environmentally focused organisation.
You’ll discover a dedicated and driven team just waiting to be given the right direction and supervision to enable them to succeed and work to their best.
So, if you are ready advance your career and make an impact on the running of an already successful operation, this is the role for you.
As a Closed Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Stewartby site and its staff.
As the first point of contact for the site, you will handle all enquiries and provide a comprehensive, efficient and professional administration service.
Other duties will include:
- Ensuring that health and safety is adhered to on site
- Maintaining the plant and fleet
- Providing training to site staff
- Setting up new suppliers and maintain contractor files
- Being responsible for all personnel records, including sickness and absence reporting
- Creating and delivering reports
To be considered as a Closed Site Supervisor, you will need:
- Previous experience of team management
- Hands on experience in assisting operational teams manage and intensive operation
- A working understanding of environmental issues including gas control, leachate, surface water and permits
- To be familiar with Integrated Management Systems
- To be trustworthy, adaptable, with the ability to meet deadlines
- To be IT literate, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience in the waste sector would be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Site Supervisor, Site Team Leader, Site Co-ordinator, Construction Site Supervisor, Site Operations Supervisor, Waste Management Site Supervisor, Waste Management Supervisor, or Assistant Site Manager.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Closed Site Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.