Class 1 Driver
- Job Reference: 00015206-1
- Date Posted: 13 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Wigan, Manchester
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Class 1 Driver
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Class 1 Driver to join our team in Wigan.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a great opportunity for you to be part of a growing, environmentally-focused organisation and help reduce the impact of waste on the natural environment.
Joining one of the UK’s leading waste and resource management companies, you’ll receive great training, superb support and a range of benefits to complement your competitive salary.
As an HGV Driver, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 1 vehicle throughout Wigan and the surrounding area.
Taking a customer-focused approach, you will ensure you drive in a safe and considerate manner within the law and driving regulations, transporting loads in a compliant and environmentally conscious fashion.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensure any vehicle that you drive and equipment is mechanically safe
- Adhere to all relevant company policies
- Remain Health and Safety conscious at all times
To be considered as an HGV Driver, you will need:
- Previous experience of driving a Class 1 vehicle
- An HGV Class 1 driving licence
- A digital tachograph card
- A Driver CPC with at least 35 hours of training
- The ability to fill in paperwork as and when required
Other organisations may call this role Goods Vehicle Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, Class 2 Driver, Class II Driver, Waste Disposal Driver, or Container Driver.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HGV Driver, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.