Civils Team Operatives
Location - Basingstoke
Business Area - Kier Utilities - Virgin Media
You can with Kier.
Kier work alongside Virgin Media to install and deliver broadband to 5.9 million customers and 45,000 businesses. We are also working in collaboration to upgrade 17 million homes to the ultrafast fibre optic network.
Kier Utilities are looking for Civils Team Leaders to join our innovative contract with Virgin Media. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure works are carried out in accordance with the New Roads and Streetworks Act and tasks are completed in a timely and professional manner.
You'll need to perform emergency restoration works, this will include evenings and weekends. Works carried out need to be completed with full regard for Health and Safety. You'll also need to be able to use all equipment and safety equipment correctly. What do we need from you?
- Must hold a full UK driving licence with category BE, for at least 12 months with no more than 6 points on your licence.
- Hold valid NRSWA Street works Operative units 1 to 9 including the Open reach Civils accreditation modules.
- Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus
- To be able to work unsupervised using their own initiative.
- Competent in the use of Civils equipment ( mini digger, disc cutter, floor saws etc )
- Previous BT or VM civils or network build required but consideration will be given to the right candidates with any civils/groundworks background as full training can be given.
You can also expect a competitive hourly rate and a strong benefits package that includes:
Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
- Access to our valuable pension scheme Matched up to 7.5%
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping site with deals available at over 800 retailers
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
Closing date for applications: 12th March 2021