Location: Broadholme, Wellingborough (NN8 1RR)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (45 per week)
Salary: Commensurate and competitive depending on experience
As a direct result of increased requirements through our Alliance partnership with Anglian Water, Clancy are delighted to bring to market a new opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join the team and play a pivotal role in achieving our vision of delivering smarter, greener infrastructure brilliantly.
Working for the Water Recycling Network team you will be based out of our Broadholme depot and responsible for:
- All construction activity on various sites under your control, ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis
- Managing operatives and sub-contractors to ensure that all tasks are undertaken by appropriately competent and trained personnel
- Checking Inspection Test Plans and that installation on site is correct according to specifications
- Resolving technical problems at all levels
- Ensuring quality control is adhered to and activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with company Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures
- Liaising with Site/Project Managers regarding methods, QA and testing requirements
- Assisting the Site/Project Managers in selection, methods of construction and producing RAMS for approval
- Ensuring management and compliance of company procedures and policies
- Liaising with the HSEQ Team regarding work task methods
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will need practical engineering experience, ideally within utilities, specifically in setting out, CAD, drainage, deep excavations, documentation production and quality assurance.
You will also need to possess all the following criteria:
- Civil engineering qualification
- Developed knowledge of health and safety practices
- CSCS card
If you can answer yes and embrace working collaboratively to deliver in complex environments, we would love to hear from you!
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.