Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes,
keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open – and this matters even more through a pandemic.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we’ve adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we’re moving to a hybrid approach with various options across working from home, office and our sites. We’ll cover this during the assessment process. What you will be doing
As the Civil Asset Condition Team Leader
for wastewater, you will lead the condition assessment process for large civil assets within the business.
You will define, manage, and support in the undertaking and reporting of conditional assessment of all large civil assets and support in the definition of remedial works and investment requirements. You will act as a technical lead for civil condition assessment on wastewater assets and provide an overview of corporate governance in this area.
You will manage, guide and support a team of 5-10 engineers to achieve agreed objectives, providing leadership and development and wider support to the Reservoir Safety Team. You will be responsible for ensuring that there is a strong focus within the team on health and safety.Working in a collaborative team, the areas of accountability include:
We’re looking for you to:
- Define the set of civil assets within the wastewater business and implement an appropriate condition assessment and inspection programme
- Provide an overview of civil asset conditions for the business to inform the corporate governance processes
- Undertake asset inspections, produce technical reports, and define remedial requirements resulting from asset inspections
- Monitor and report on the performance of the assessment condition programme against key performance indicators and other relevant measures, taking corrective action as necessary
- Implement business and technical developments to improve business performance
- Develop policies, standards, systems, and processes in asset condition assessment and provide the business with guidance and support relating to asset assessment
What’s in it for you?
- Be a credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver, lead and support your team, driving a culture of safety and performance management across all teams
- Have a civil engineering degree or equivalent working knowledge. It would be great if you are a member of the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with our stakeholders, team members and colleagues
- Be competent with the use of complex IT systems and standard office software, including SAP
- Have a full driving licence as you will be required to travel as part of the role
This role offers a great opportunity to work with a broad set of unique assets varying in age from the 1600s to the modern-day. You will be responsible for a newly created team within Thames Water which will lead the way on asset condition assessment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements and great benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader employer.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of your role, you’ll be asked to help out our Instant Support Team to help our customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you’ll be given full training – it’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business and meet colleagues.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.