About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced influencer who is able to develop, drive and manage change and continuous improvement projects across the Thames Valley region for the UK’s largest water company. You will be responsible for supporting and leading on a variety of business efficiency projects with the aim of generating savings through lean activities. Acting as the middle agent for the central transformation and change team as well as the field teams, you will deliver measurable and sustainable efficiency improvements across the end to end process.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Manage the operational team and their focus on change and customer improvements within the Thames Valley region.
- Take ownership for and gain full understanding into the roll out of large and/or complex improvement projects and reporting back to the business on insight.
- Gain understanding and review productivity efficiency whilst maintaining engagement from the field based teams.
- Attend performance meetings to provide insight and understand regional operational performance and devise continuous improvement programmes.
- Use sources of data to identify requirements to increase productivity, reduce cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Actively promote a continuous improvement culture that has sustainable strategic impact on operational performance.
- Develop and encourage best practice and share this across the other Thames Water regions.
What’s in it for you:
- Considerable experience in a change or project management as well as in a continuous improvement role.
- You will have gained experience in managing a team in rolling out change initiatives and will be comfortable communicating with colleagues across all levels of an organisation.
- You will be comfortable challenging the status quo in order to further develop and roll out improvement plans for your area.
- If you have previous experience in the water industry, that would be preferable however by no means essential.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach is key, as is the ability to translate vision into strategic and tactical objectives that promotes delivery excellence.
- Previous experience in a multi-functional, customer centric, geographical dispersed area would be highly advantageous.
- This role involves travel across the region so a full and clean UK drivers licence, and a suitable car for business use is required.
This is an exciting and integral role within the business, and one whereby you will be given the autonomy to develop and manage a team of improvement leads to roll out change initiatives across a large geographical area.
The nature of the role means you will gain exposure to a wider variety of projects and improvements, for which you will be accountable for, providing insight back to the business. Working in this collaborative and friendly team, the role requires you to take a holistic approach to the change programmes whilst also being hands on in the day to day as required.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.